1. Selection of grinding wheel size of cylindrical grinder: coarse-grained (24-60) grinding wheel is selected for rough grinding. Fine-grained (60-100) grinding wheel is selected for fine grinding. 150 grain size grinding wheel is used in precision grinding. W63~W14 grinding wheel is generally used in ultra-precision grinding or mirror grinding.
2. Selection of grinding wheel hardness of cylindrical grinder: the harder the grinding roller surface is, the softer the grinding wheel hardness should be.
1) if the grinding wheel is worn too fast, it means that the grinding wheel selected for the specific machined roll is too soft, and the following improvement measures can be taken: 1.1. Increase the linear speed of the grinding wheel. 1.2. The longitudinal feed speed of the drag plate is increased, that is, the longitudinal feed rate of the work piece per turn is increased to 2pm, 3pm, 4pm of the width of the grinding wheel. 1.3. Reduce the speed of the roll.
2) If the grinding effect is not obvious after taking the above measures, it shows that the grinding wheel is too soft and not applicable, and a harder grinding wheel should be chosen.
1) if the grinding wheel is obviously blocked (laborious) or very dirty when grinding the roller, the passivated sand is not easy to fall off, the grinding wheel is easy to stick to debris, and the grinding roller surface is burnt or brushed, then the selected grinding wheel is too hard, and the following measures can be taken to improve it: 1.1. Reduce the linear speed of the grinding wheel. 1.2. Increase the speed of the roller. 1.3 if the obvious grinding effect is not obtained after taking the above measures, it shows that the grinding wheel is too hard, and a softer grinding wheel should be chosen. 1.4. Selection of grinding wheel bond for cylindrical grinder except for the grinding wheel with resin bond in mirror grinding, ceramic grinding wheel is better for other grinding types.